A rental or tenancy agreement is a contract between a landlord(owner) and a tenant. It states all the terms that a landlord and a tenant have agreed to about the tenancy.
Tenancy agreements must be in writing and signed by both the parties, the landlord must give the tenant a copy before the tenancy starts.
Tenants should read the tenancy agreement carefully before they sign it. In case there is something they don’t understand, they must seek advice before they sign.
Tenancy agreement essentials:
All tenancy agreements must include the following:
* The full names and addresses of the landlord and tenant with photos.
* The address of the property.
* The date the agreement is signed.
* The date the tenancy will begin.
* The amount of any deposit paid.
* The rent amount.
* Any fees to be paid.
* If the tenancy is a fixed-term tenancy, the date the tenancy will end.